Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ingredient of the Month...Almond

This month's featured beauty ingredient is almond. The almond has been recognized for its moisturizing properties since ancient Egypt. Almond milk and almond oil are used in many skin and hair treatments today. Many believe it has a medicinal use also, helping to ease muscular pain and treat mild skin inflammation. Listed below are some great products that contain either almond milk or almond oil.
  • L'occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil- A great way to moisturize your skin. I used this when I was pregnant to help prevent stretch marks. I can't prove this oil is the reason but I am stretch mark free.
  • Joey New York Pure Pores Crushed Almonds and Honey Scrub-I must admit I was skeptical at first. I've tried other almond scrubs that have literally cut my face. This one was soft and gentle but did a great job exfoliating.
  • Korres Almomd Proteins Leave-on-Conditioner- I used this product after a trip to the Bahamas. I had gotten my hair braided Bo Derek style. It was hard enough to get the braids out but once they were out the nightmare truly began. I had very long hair and it was so tangled and knotty from the braids it was impossible to comb. I showered then sprayed this conditioner on and the tangles came out with not much effort. I've been a fan ever since.

No comments: